Seeing as how I consider myself a pretty tech-savvy person, it's kind of funny that I've never utilized RSS feeds. This exercise has definitely opened my eyes to the advantages that it offers by giving you all of the information you would normally visit various websites for in one place. Most of the websites that I visit on a daily basis are either news or sports related, so my RSS feeds include sites like ESPN.com, an Oakland Athletics blog, and the twitter feed of my favorite columnist, Bill Simmons. I also have news feeds from the San Francisco Chronicle and New York Times, as well as columnists Thomas Friedman and David Brooks. Finally, I added a feed from the Onion, which is a satirical fake news site. The great thing about the Onion is that just reading the headlines is enough to make you laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment